Creating a New StatusAll policy status rules are displayed, created, and stored in the Agency Management section. Together, these rules dictate what happens as you (and our application fulfillment partners) work to put a policy in force. You can create as many new statuses as you want. To create a new policy status rule, click Agency Management in your left-hand main menu. Click Policy Status Rules. Click New Status Type. Select the appropriate Sales Stage & Category from the dropdown menu. All new statuses must be placed within one of these pre-defined categories. Fill in the rest of the details for your new status, discuss below, and click Save. To cancel without saving, click Cancel. To clear the form and start again, click Reset.
Name: Give your new status a name. Try to describe the function of the status so you'll remember what it does. Access: Who should have access to this status? If you're an agency manager and want your downline to have access to this status, select "user and descendants." If you're the only one who needs or should have access to the status, select "user." Owner: By default, you will be selected. Closed: Check this box if this status will apply to a policy that is closed.Your new status will appear in the designated Sales Status & Category you selected.
Adding Tasks to a New StatusClick the gear icon to the right of your new status. Click Edit Tasks. Click New Task Rule. Fill in the Task Rules as described below.
- Name. The task name you enter here is what will show up on your dashboard.
- Assigned User. Select yourself or one of your sub-users to whom the task will be assigned.
- NOTE: If your task will be fulfilled by the system (i.e., an automatically generated email or text message using a template), you can leave this field blank.
- Assignment Role. Select the appropriate role for this task from the dropdown menu. If this task will be fulfilled by the system (i.e., an automatically generated email or text message using a template), select "system." If your task is a to-do, in most cases, the role will be “agent.” Other roles you may use include “administrative assistant” or “case manager,” depending on how large your agency is.
- Delay. Once a lead is assigned to the status associated with this task, you have the option of setting a delay before this task hits the system. All times should be entered using a 24-hour clock. For example, enter "0" for no delay or "1" for a 24-hour delay. For some tasks, you won't want a delay. For example, you don't want a delay when a lead enters "New Lead" status. You want a task to be generated on your dashboard immediately, so you can call that client as soon as possible. However, for statuses generated later in the sales process, some users build in a delay of 15 minutes so that if they accidentally change or trigger a status, they have time to correct the error before a communication goes out to a sub-user or client by mistake. Here are a few sample delay times (rounded):
- 1 = 24 hours
- .5 = 12 hours
- .25 = 6 hours
- .125 = 3 hours
- .063 = 1.5 hours
- .031 = 45 minutes
- .016 = 22.5 minutes
- .008 = 11.25 minutes
- .004 = 5.6 minutes
- Evergreen. Because Insureio is status-driven, everything associated with a status (including its tasks) is removed when the next status takes over. If you have a task that you want to stay on your dashboard no matter what status the case goes to, check this box to make the task evergreen. It will remain on your dashboard until you mark it complete.
- Type. Specify the type of task from the dropdown menu. Options include to-do, email, call, and more. In most cases, your task will be a to-do.
- Template. If you select a task type that is dependent on a template (such as an email), choose a template here. You can ignore this option for a to-do or call. Learn more about templates and how they work in the Marketing section.
- Skip Weekends & Holidays. Use this to indicate whether the task should skip holidays and weekends. This is best used with automated email sends to clients, leads, and prospects. To be sure an email or text message is only sent during the work week, and not on a holiday, check this box.