Brand & Agent Set-UpStep 1: To assign leads to an agent, you first need to set up a brand profile for those leads. All leads must be associated with a brand profile. Click here for a complete walk-through. IMPORTANT! Be sure your brand's ownership is set to "user and descendants" for lead distribution to work properly. For a specific description of the ownership field within a brand profile, click here Step 2: Assign one or more agents to that brand. Click here for a complete walk-through. Step 3: Turn on your agent's ability to receive distributed leads. Click Agency Management in your left-hand menu. Click User Hierarchy. Find the agent who should receive leads from your distribution. Click the Manage User link, available under Actions (highlighted in red below). You will be taken to that user's profile. Step 4: In the user's profile, click the Permissions tab. Step 5: Scroll to the Branding Profiles permission set. Click Receive Distributed Leads to toggle permission on. Later, should you wish to keep this user from receiving leads, toggle this permission off. Even if they are included in your lead distribution, they will NOT receive leads if this permission is toggled off.
Lead Distribution Set-Up: BasicStep 1: Click Agency Management from your left-hand menu. Click Lead Distribution. Step 2: Select at least one of three available lead distribution criteria. As soon as you make your selection, the agents who fit that criteria will appear below, in your lead distribution array. If no results are available based on the criteria you select, try removing one of the criteria until you see results.
- Agent. Click Select Agent and choose a user's name from the dropdown menu.
- USE IF: You want to distribute leads from a particular source to one agent. Note: You cannot distribute leads to yourself. As soon as you select an agent, they'll appear in your lead distribution list below, with their toggle switch turned on.
- Brand. Click Select Profile and choose the brand profile associated with the leads you want to distribute.
- USE IF: You want to distribute leads associated with a particular brand within your agency. If you've already assigned agents to this brand, those agents will automatically appear in your lead distribution list. You can then move down the list and toggle individual agents on or off, and adjust the volume of their leads.
- Lead Type. Click Select Lead Type and choose the lead type you want to distribute. You need to have at least one lead type created in order to use this criteria. If you've already imported leads using lead type tags, they will be pre-loaded in the search box.
- USE IF: You want to distribute leads based on lead type (i.e., from a particular website or landing page).
- What is a lead type? The system uses "lead type" tags to identify the source of a lead. In addition to driving your distribution patterns, these tags are especially useful for reporting if you have multiple brands and/or streams of leads, such as in-house marketing, pay-per-click, and purchased leads. Lead types can be entered into Insureio in three ways: (1) via a Lead Import, when the tags you choose are affixed to the API endpoint used to pull those leads into Insureio, (2) via manual entry when you create a new contact in the Contacts Management section, or (3) by adding your desired lead type tag to your widget (click here to see how).
- TIP: Use one brand and one lead type together frequently? You can create a combo for easier lead distribution in the future. Select a Lead Type and Profile, then click Create Combo.
Lead Distribution Set-Up: Adjusting ParametersStep 1: Use the given parameters to change the default lead distribution settings. For this example, we've already selected a brand called In-House Generation. The agents associated with this brand are shown below in the lead distribution array. By default, every agent appears with a distribution parameter for every lead type associated with this brand. Here are your options for controlling lead distribution:
On/off toggle switch. Click this to toggle an individual agent on or off for that lead type. They will not receive that lead type when toggled off. Each lead type must be toggled on/off individually. If you have multiple lead types posting to your agency, be sure to check each lead type distributed to that agent. A green check mark means the agent will receive leads. A black x means the agent will not receive leads.
No lead distribution indicator. The red indicator beside an agent's name means their account permission settings will not allow them to receive distributed leads, even though they appear in your lead distribution array. See steps 3 - 5 in Brand & Agent Set-Up above if you need to toggle this setting.
Running Count. The system distributes leads in a round-robin style. All agents toggled on, with their master lead distribution permission enabled, will receive the number of leads indicated until all eligible agents on your list have received the number of leads allocated in your array. The system will then start over at the beginning of the list, distributing each agent their allotted leads from the pool of available leads posted to their brand. The Running Count shows you how many leads each agent has received (i.e., +4 if an agent has received 4 leads that day). The system resets this count every night at 11:30 pm Pacific time. The system will keep lead distribution equitable among enabled agents unless you specify otherwise.
There may be times when you need to override this distribution pattern. For example, if you enable a new agent, they hit your lead distribution array with 0 leads received. The system will see that the rest of your agents have received, say, 3 leads that day. To keep distribution equitable, it will distribute the next 3 available leads to your new agent, bypassing your current agents. To ensure your current agents continue to receive leads, use the blue reset button for their running counts. This will return their count to 0, and the system will distribute leads to them as well as your new agent.
Quick Set. Use this to fill each day's lead distribution slot with the same number.
Lead Distribution Manual Settings. Adjust the number of leads you want an agent to receive here.Step 2: Click Save Settings at the bottom of your screen.