All Insureio marketing campaigns are built and stored in the Marketing section. From your left-hand navigation menu, click "Marketing" and then "Marketing Campaigns." You can view any previously saved campaigns or create a new one. The video below will give you an overview of how to create a campaign and enroll a contact.
Jump to a section:
Creating a Campaign
Click Marketing and then Marketing Campaigns in your left-hand main menu.
Click the blue New Campaign button.
Three blank fields will appear at the bottom of any previously created campaigns you see.
Here's how to fill in each of those fields:
- Name. In the first field, give your campaign an appropriate name. Remember, the more campaigns you have, the harder it will be to tell the difference between them based on name alone. We suggest naming campaigns based on descriptors such as the customer profile being targeted (“High Net Worth”), product being offered (“Life Insurance - Buy/Sell”), or subcategory being targeted (“Life Insurance for Moms”).
- Planning Category (optional). Use the dropdown menu to choose the planning need that best fits your campaign. Current choices include Estate Planning, Business & Executive Planning, Charitable Planning, Health & Long-Term Care Planning, Liability Protection, Policy Review, Family Planning, and Financed Arrangements.
- Product Category (optional). Use the dropdown menu to choose the product category that best fits your campaign. Current choices include Life Insurance, Annuities, Long-Term Care, Disability, Critical Illness, Medicare Supplement, Dental, Vision, Health, Home, or Auto.
Click the checkmark icon on the right to save your campaign. Click the red "x" icon to delete this new campaign.
Populating a Campaign
Before you start populating your campaign, you'll need to know the name of any templates you want to include. Having those names handy before you get started will save you a lot of time. We suggest browsing the available templates first.
Browse for Templates
In the Marketing section of your left-hand main menu, click Marketing Templates. As you browse the list of available templates, jot down the names of the ones you want in your new campaign.
Build Your Campaign
If you're not already on the campaign screen, find the "Material" dropdown menu in the top left of your screen and select "Campaigns." Locate the name of the campaign you want to populate from your campaign list. Click the campaign name to open it. You can also click the "+" icon on the left to toggle a campaign open. You can populate campaigns with any combination of emails, text messages, and tasks that remind you to call for a follow-up.
To start building your campaign, click the blue "New TaskBuilder" button. Here are the fields you need to fill in to create a campaign item:
- Name. Provide a name for this particular task within the campaign. This is just for your reference, so we suggest naming tasks with their order in the campaign, and a brief description of what they're about. Examples include “Email 1: Introduction,” "Email 2: Why You Need Life Insurance," “Phone Call Follow-Up,” etc. You don’t need to include the name of a particular template here - the task title is just here to keep you organized.
- Assignee (optional). If the task needs to be performed by a Insureio user rather than the system, you can assign that user here. If the task will be automated, such as simply sending an email, you can leave this field blank.
- Role. Select the appropriate role for this task from the dropdown menu. In most cases, this will be “system.” All automated tasks, such as email or text message sends, should be set to “system.” If your task is a follow-up phone call that you assigned to a specific person in your agency hierarchy, for example, you could select that role here (assistant, case manager, etc.).
- Delay (optional). You have the option to set a delay before this campaign element is processed by the system. The delay on your first campaign item occurs as soon as you enroll a contact in the campaign. The delay on your second campaign item occurs as soon as the system fires off the first campaign item, and so on. This feature makes it easy to set up a seamless drip-marketing campaign. All times should be entered using a 24-hour clock. For example, enter “0” for no delay or “1” for a 24-hour delay. We recommend building in a small delay for the first campaign element in case you accidentally enroll someone in a campaign. For example, a 5.6-minute delay should be entered as .004. For more sample delay times, see “Creating a New Status.”
- TIP: To create a weekly drip email campaign, your second campaign element should have a delay of 7, your third element should have a delay of 14, etc.
- Evergreen (optional). If you're creating a to-do as part of your campaign, you can check this box to make sure that task stays on your dashboard until you mark it complete. If you don't want the to-do to appear on your dashboard until it’s marked complete OR this campaign element isn’t a to-do, leave this box blank. Important! You must fill out the "Template" field before you select a task type. Jump ahead to the "Template" field and then come back to "Type."
- Template. If you select a campaign element that's dependent on a template (such as an email, sms, or letter), choose that template here. You’ll need to know the name of the template first – currently, you can’t preview the templates from this screen. You can browse the available templates by switching your "Material" dropdown selection from "Campaigns" to "Templates" at the top of your screen. Jot down the names of the templates you want to include in your campaign, then re-select "Campaigns" from the "Material" dropdown menu. Click your campaign and use the "Actions" dropdown menu on the right to select "Modify." Type the desired template name into the "Template" field. Insureio will pull up a list of matches and you can select the one you want.
- Type. Specify the campaign element type from the dropdown menu. Options include to-do, email, sms, and more. In most cases, you’ll want to use email or sms.
- Preview. This column shows you a thumbnail image of the template you've selected. If your campaign item isn't template-based, this column will be empty.
- Skip Weekend & Holiday Sending. If you know you only want your campaign items to fire during the week on a non-holiday, check this box. If you check the box for a campaign item with a delay and the delay expires on a weekend or holiday, Insureio will hold off on processing that campaign item until the next allowable time (i.e., a non-holiday weekday).
Click the disk icon to save your campaign element. To cancel, click the red "x" icon at any time.
Modifying or Deleting a Campaign
To the right of every campaign, you have an "Actions" dropdown menu. Use the dropdown menu to select "Modify" to edit your campaign. Select "Remove" to delete a campaign.
NOTE: "Modify" will let you change the name, planning category, and/or product category of a campaign. To edit an item within the campaign, click the campaign to open it, find the task you want to change, and use the "Actions" menu for that task (at the end of the row).
Managing Contact Enrollment in a Campaign
All enrollments happen within a contact's profile. Click "Contacts Management" in your left-hand navigation menu. If you know the name of the contact you want to enroll, use the "Additional Filter" box to search for that contact by name. Type their name (or as much of their name as you remember) into the box, be sure the selection filter is set to name, and click the magnifying glass icon. Click on your contact’s name in the search results to pull up their record.
Once you're in a contact's profile, click the blue "Marketing" tab beneath their personal information. Look for the "Campaign Subscription" section.
- To enroll this contact in a new campaign. Click "Add A Parallel Campaign." Begin typing the name of the desired campaign into the search field. Select the appropriate campaign from the search results. Your contact is now enrolled in that campaign.
- To remove this contact from a campaign. Click the checkbox to the left of the campaign name. A pop-up window will ask, “Are you sure?” Click OK to proceed.
- To enroll the contact in a campaign that will run immediately after the current campaign. Click "Add Next Campaign." Once every component (task, email, sms, etc.) of the first campaign has run, this contact will begin receiving the components of the second campaign.
- To enroll the contact in a parallel campaign that will run at the same time as the current campaign. Click "Add A Parallel Campaign." Begin typing the name of the desired campaign into the search field. Select the appropriate campaign from the search results. Your contact is now enrolled in that campaign.
- To opt a contact out of all marketing. Click the red "Opt Consumer Out of All Marketing" button. A pop-up window will ask, "Are you sure?" Click OK to proceed. Once this option is applied, you'll see a red "Opt Back In" button instead. Click it to allow this contact to be enrolled in future marketing campaigns.
NOTE: Insureio will attempt to send an email to a recipient 4 times. After 4 failed delivery attempts, the system will stop sending to that email address. Your consumer will not receive the next email scheduled in a campaign.