The Discovery screen is Step 3 in the Application process.If you selected the Referral process at the beginning of the quote path, you will not see this section. When you submit the application for processing, our application fulfillment partners will reach out to your client on your behalf and complete the discovery and underwriting portions of the process. Here's what this step of the quote path looks like. Keep in mind that you'll always have a note field available on the right side of your screen; we're not showing it in the screenshots below to give you a closer look at the quote process. Here's the information you'll collect on this screen.
Amount of Coverage
- What coverage amount do you wish? Enter the amount of coverage the client is seeking.
- Ideally, how long should your insurance protection last? Select an option from the dropdown menu.
- What formula or financial calculator did you use to determine that amount? Select an option from the dropdown menu.
If Something Happens
- What is the general purpose of this insurance? Select an option from the dropdown menu.
- If something happens to you, who or what is this policy going to protect financially? Select one of the four radio button options: spouse/partner, children, business, or other. Depending on the client's answer, Insureio will provide a series of brief follow-up questions designed to help you gather more relevant information (i.e., spouse's name, number of children, business name, etc.).
- Have you recently applied for insurance coverage? Select yes or no.
- Do you have ANY existing insurance coverage? Select yes or no.
- What is your annual income? Enter the client's answer. You can also click the calculator icon to reveal additional entry fields for Earned income and Unearned income. Enter both fields, then click Calculate. Insureio will add these numbers and enter the sum in the annual income field.
- In how many years do you plan to retire? Enter the client's answer, or click the up and down arrows on the right side of the entry box.
- How much in Savings/Investments do you currently have set aside? Enter the client's answer. You can also click the calculator icon to reveal additional entry fields for checking, savings, 401k, stocks, primary residence value, real estate, and life insurance. Enter the client's answers. Insureio will add these numbers and enter the sum in the savings/investments field.
- What expenses and debts would need to be covered if you died today? Enter the client's answer. You can also click the calculator icon to reveal additional entry fields for final expenses, other cash needs, autos and boats, credit cards, student loans, personal loans, mortgages and lines of credit, and college funding. Enter the client's answers. Insureio will add these numbers and enter the sum in the expenses/debts field.
- Not sure what to enter for college funding? Click the calculator icon to the right of the college funding field to launch a pop-up window with a calculator. Click Add Child, then select a type of college (private, public), in/out of state residence, and fees required (tuition only, or tuition plus room and board).
- Estimated Net Worth. As you fill in the questions above, Insureio will calculate the client's estimated net worth. You can use this number in the Net Worth question below - just click Use this Amount.
- Net Worth. You can fill this in manually, or click Use this Amount (beside the question directly above) to use the same number as the estimated net worth.
- Recommended Coverage Amount. Based on the client's answers so far, Insureio will recommend a coverage amount. Click Use this Amount to apply this recommendation to the question below.
- Coverage Amount Selected. You can fill this in manually, or click Use this Amount (beside the question directly above) to use the same amount of coverage recommended by Insureio.
Quote Path: Next Steps
Click here for Step 1: Quote Path Overview Click here for Step 2: Basic Info You are viewing Step 3: Discovery Click here for Step 4: Underwriting Click here for Step 5: Compare Click here for Step 6: Application