LAST UPDATED: 10/28/20
To use click-to-call functionality in Insureio, you'll need web/VoIP-based software. Depending on your software, you may need to select it as the default program your computer uses to place calls. You may also have to approve click-to-call in your browser settings. We'll go over all of these below.
Jump to a section:
- How to Set Your Web/VoIP Software as a Default
- How to Use Click-to-Call within Insureio
- How to Use Disable the Chrome Pop-Up When Using Click-to-Call
How to Set Your Web/VoIP Software as a Program Default
Some VoIP programs, including 3CX, will automatically register as the handler for the tel protocol when you install them. If you're using 3CX or know your computer is already using your VoIP software as a default, you can skip to the next section.
- Decide which program you want to use as your click-to-call default.
- Open Windows Control Panel and click Default Programs.
- Select Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list in the protocols section, find TEL, select it, and click Change program.
- Select your web/VoIP-based program from the list provided. We use 3CX in our office, so that's what you see in the example below:
- Close the "Set Associations" window.
How to Use Click-to-Call within Insureio
- Click on any blue telephone number link within Insureio. To test without calling a client, go to your profile and click the phone icon next to your contact phone number.
- Your web browser may give you a pop-up, asking for permission to make a call. In the pop-up, you may also have the option to tell your browser not to ask for permission every time you click a telephone link. If you plan on using click-to-call frequently, check this box. Then click Yes or Launch to proceed.
- Your web/VoIP-based software will now place the call.
How to Use Disable the Chrome Pop-Up When Using Click-to-Call
- If you're using Google Chrome on a desktop, you may see a pop-up asking if you want to call this number from your phone.
- Open a new browser tab and go to chrome://flags. Do a ctrl+f search for "click-to-call." The option you're looking for is about 60% of the way down the page.
- Change the dropdown menu selection to "Disabled" instead of "Default."
- Click the blue button to relaunch Chrome with your new setting applied.
- The next time you click a tel link in Insureio, you'll be prompted to allow 3CX. Check the box to "always allow" and you shouldn't see any more pop-ups.