Located in My Account / Submission Options, your Agent of Record selection is necessary to complete and process your clients' life insurance application paperwork. The Agent of Record selection determines who the "writing agent" is on a particular case or application.
NOTE: If you manage an agency, a downline, or several brands, you may want to assign/reassign the Agent of Record on a case. You'll need to check several system permission settings first. We walk you through the whole process below.
Jump to a section:
Set Yourself as the Agent of Record
In most cases, you will be the agent of record. If so, the system will use the account information from your Personal tab along with state licensing and agent contract numbers from the Licensing & Contracting tab and apply them to any submissions processed via the Insureio system.
To set yourself as the Agent of Record, click the blank name field next to Agent of Record.
Start typing your name and Insureio will bring up a list of matching selections. Click on your name. You'll see your name displayed as the Agent of Record.
Set Another User as the Agent of Record
You would not be the agent of record if another agent is acting as a "solicitor" for your firm or agency, or if you are an administrative/support employee submitting information on behalf of an agent you work with. In these cases, the actual agent of record may be your up-line, your manager, or the principal at your agency. They will need to be an Insureio user to set them as your agent of record in the system. Set them as your agent of record as follows:
- Click the search box next to the Agent of Record field. Start typing a name or an email address and the system will pull up any matches.
- Click to select the appropriate user.
NOTE: You don’t need to do anything with the signature fields. We currently handle both of these for you as part of the contracting process.
Change the Agent of Record
If you manage an agency or downline, you may want to change the Agent of Record for a consumer or policy. There are a couple system permissions to check first. Without the right permissions, you won't be able to change the Agent of Record on a case.
FYI: How to View & Save System Permissions
1. To view, add, and save your permissions, go to My Account/Permissions.
2. If, based on the instructions below, you need to add a permission, check the desired box and click Save Permissions in the top-right of the Permissions tab.
1. Make Sure You Have the Right Permissions
1. Edit Agent of Record. As the agency/brand manager, you need the appropriate system permission to edit the Agent of Record. This permission is located in the Permissions tab, under My Account/Submission Options. Be sure you have this permission checked. If not, check it and save the permissions.
2. View/Edit Descendants. If you and your desired Agent of Record are in the same hierarchy group (this is the case most of the time), you need the permission to view/edit a descendant. Look in the Agency Management Display permission set on the right-hand side of the Permissions tab. Find the Hierarchy Related Permissions section. Make sure View Descendants and Edit Descendants are checked. If not, check them and save the permissions.
2. Make Sure You and the New Agent of Record Share Access to the Consumer's Brand
1. Allow Multiple Brand Profiles. Changing the Agent of Record may require both users to have access to multiple brand profiles. If your agency only has one brand profile (i.e., there is only one possible brand all your consumers' policies could be under), you can skip this step.
- To give yourself (the agency manager) this permission, look in the Agency Management Display permission set on the right-hand side of the Permissions tab. Find the Branding Profiles section. Make sure Multiple Branding Profiles is checked. If not, check it and save the permissions.
- To give the new Agent of Record this permission, look in their My Account/Permissions tab. Check the left-hand side of the Permissions tab and look for the Branding Profiles section. Make sure Multiple Branding Profiles is checked. If not, check it and save the permissions. Not sure how to view a sub-user's profile? Click here.
2. Make sure your new Agent of Record is assigned to the brand profile of the relevant consumer/case. Go to Agency Management/Branding Assignments. Type your new Agent of Record's Insureio username into the Add a User box. Then type the desired brand profile name into the Add a Brand/Profile box. They will appear together beneath the search boxes, with the brand(s) listed above the agent(s) you have selected. Tick the box beneath the brand name to enable it for each agent you selected. Click the green Save button at the bottom of this section.
3. Change the Agent of Record in the Policy Tab
In the client record, click the Policies tab. Click to open the relevant policy, then scroll down to the Agent Details section. Click the dropdown arrow at the top-right of the section (circled in the image below) and select Edit Agent Details.
In the pop-up modal, click the name of the Agent of Record. Start typing the new Agent of Record's name and select the match from the available options. Click the blue checkmark to save your selection.